IQ3 Range Multi-turn Actuators
The third generation intelligent actuator, a World first.
CVA - Control Valve Actuators
- IQ3 Range multi-turn electric actuators can be used for isolation or regulating duties of up to 60 starts per hour
- IQ3 Range actuators can be supplied as watertight or explosion-proof
- Direct torque output range from 14 Nm (10 lbf.ft) to 3,000 Nm (2,200 lbf.ft)
- With the addition of second stage gearboxes, multi-turn output torque up to 43,000 Nm and quarter-turn up to 1,000,000 Nm is available
- Enhanced sealing and maintenance access
- Absolute position measurement with naturally redundant position sensor
- Best-in-class display, communications, diagnostics and HMI
- Configurable using Bluetooth® or infrared
- Designed to support asset management
- "Future Proofed" to allow all embedded software to be upgraded in the field
- Insight 2 provides enhanced product data management
- Linear drive action (CVL)
- Quarter-turn drive action (CVQ)
- Continuous unrestricted modulation duty - S9
- On-board datalogger included as standard
- Configurable fail-to-position option using supercapacitor technology
- Watertight IP68 and explosion-proof enclosures
- Single-phase or Direct Current power supplies
- Direct torqe / thrust measurement for protection and monitoring
- Double-sealing to IP68 providing protection in the most demanding environments
- Bluetooth® enabled for local setup, control and diagnostics
- Accurate and repeatable positional control using 4 to 20 mA signal
- Digital communication options including HART®, Foundation Fieldbus®, Profibus®, Pakscan, Modbus® and RIRO available
- Scalable control input characterisation
- Optional Intrinsically Safe (IS) control inputs and feedback outputs
SM Series actuators are designed for closed-loop continuous modulation of rotary valves, vanes and dampers. Rotary actuators consist of ac or dc servo motors with self-contained, permanently lubricated gear trains. These devices precisely control final elements such as variable speed drives, hydraulic and pneumatic pressure and flow devices, pumps and machinery, and are used in a wide variety of industries.
RCEL Electric Actuators
RCEL – series meets all International Standards for easy and quick mounting of actuators on valves.
The RCEL Actuator has a smooth and easy operation which considerably increases the life expectancy of the valve.
The technical advantages of the electrical actuators produced by Remote Control are much appreciated by our customers.
“Power Start” The RCEL-series has an unique rising of the rpm prior to start which results in a higher starting torque.
RCEL006-250 is also available with extended rotation angle and in explosion-safe design.
Accessories such as local control units or digital regulation cards and positioners can easily be installed.
CK Range Multi- & Part-turn Control Systems
Modular design providing flexibility and configurability to suit your application
K-Tork Range Multi- & Part-turn Control Systems
- Suitable for inaccessible locations using remote mounted Centronik controls
- Fast and efficient maintenance due to plug and socket connections
- Oil bath lubrication for extended life and mounting in any orientation
- Safe motor-independent handwheel operation available at all times
- IP68 8m for 96 hours – double-sealing as standard
- Data extraction for analysis, diagnostics and asset management
- User friendly commissioning and configuration with non-specialist hand tools
- Local operation, configuration and commissioning up to 100 m from actuator, with remotely mounted Centronik module
- Built in redundancy using independent torque and position sensing
- Direct output torque range: 10 - 500 Nm (7 - 369 lbf.ft)
- Max. torque with multi-turn gearbox: 10,800 Nm (8,000 lbf.ft)
- Max. torque with quarter-turn gearbox: 205,600 Nm (151,600 lbf.ft)
- Available in double-acting or spring-return configurations
- Torque outputs up to 18,300 Nm (155,000 lbf.in)
- Simple, one moving part
- Capable of millions of operations at fast cycle times
- Easy to convert from double-acting to spring-return
- Precise modulating for quarter-turn control valves with accuracy of 0.25% or better
- Low friction, dual opposed lip seals provide extremely long life
- Totally enclosed, non ventilated spring housing
- Conforms to VDI/VDE 3845 control accessory mounting standards
- Fast operation with large ports and no air restrictions
- Complies with ANSI /AWWA C540-02 and C541-08
- Standard 80 to 100° rotation, adjustable
- Certified to IP66M / IP67M and meets NEMA 4 /4X
- CE marked and certified in accordance with ATEX 2014/34/EU
- Standard temperature rating -20°C to +70°C (-0°F to +160°F)
- Working pressure 7 bar (100 psi) or 10 bar (150 psi) rating
- Standard ISO 5211 drive on all spring return models
- High temperature (+149°C, +300°F) and low temperature (-40°C, -40°F) options
- De-clutch gear manual override
- ‘RANGER CG’ Corrosion Guard finish
- Integral air fail-safe reservoir
- Full range of open/close, modulating or Bus Network controls
- Retrofit and factory fit linkage kits, valve automation services
- Male shaft adapter for spring-return models
Rotork offers a complete line of linear actuators with automatic thrust limit, including a wide choice of motors, speeds, and strokes. The devices provide accurate, dependable solutions to positioning control. Typical applications include dampers, diverter gatres, slide gates, valves, combustion controls and machinery as found in power generating stations, steel and aluminum plants, paper, mining, grain and any other industries.
With more than 40 years of experience working with dozens of major valve manufacturers, Rotork Process Controls can provide an actuator for virtually any type of valve. Engineered hardware interface is available to assure high performance. Controls are available for applications needing to remain in position, open/close on signal loss, open/close on power loss and for computer interface.